Friday, December 14, 2012

Bye-Bye Binky - Pacifier Exorcism

 
"Do thou snatch treasures from my lips, and I'll take kingdoms back from thine."
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan
Photo courtesy of America Bronzing Co.

   Binky, bubba, pacifier, pacies, dummy, soothies, etc. It's gone by many names, but meant one thing for our little ones. Comfort. You ever give your little one their binky and their eyes glazed over in comforting goodness? Those of you who know the international trading laws that go with trying to kick the binky habit can give me an AMEN. Those of you who don't,......prepare yourself. Or don't. We just said goodbye last night to our 'Lil Man's, and here's the score for our three kiddies:

'Lil Miss: Hit her mouth on a window ledge back in the day, and didn't want it thereafter. SCORE!
'Lil Man: Chewed it beyone recognition and said goodbye to his last one, last night. Verdict is not in yet, but he did pretty good all night without it.
Wee Lass: Hates 'em with the white hot intesity of a thousand suns. I think she'd prefer a mouth full of bees before she'd take a binky!

Tips: We used bribery, trade, and finally used the old art of distraction. I reminded my 'Lil Man that he knew the consequences of chewing on his friend. Then I used verbal smoke and mirrors to keep his mind off it. I told him an extensive bedtime story, which turned out to be very entertainng (look for my first children's book hit entitled "The Dragon Who Liked Chocolate", summer of 2014). We actually ended up hitting 4 of the 6 tips offered over at Circle of Moms.

Let me know if you have any other experiences, tips, rants, etc.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment