Saturday, June 4, 2011

Family Room Masterpiece Theater



"The play was a great success, but the audience was a disaster." - Oscar Wilde

   Isn't imagination everything when you're a child? Heck, I'm 36 this month and it's everything to me! So when 'Lil Miss prepares a masterful performance in the Family Room Masterpiece Theater, I make sure to attend. Her request is simple. Just sit there and enjoy. I'll grant you, the plot is weak, the characters are not well developed and the scenery could use some help. (YOU KNOW I'm just joshin'!!!) It's such a treat to see children use their imagination to spin new tales of love and adventure. I was treated to some sort of argument between My Little Pony sisters. All was resolved in the end.
   When does this end? I hope not for a long time. It's a way for them to express themselves, maybe even tell you something you're not hearing another way. Let's stow the rolling of the eyes when our children want a few minutes of our oh-so-precious time. As I watch families in my life, you have to give them that time. If not, one day, they may not give you much of theirs.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment