Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vacation With Children


"I found out long ago. It's a long way down the holiday road." - Lindsey Buckingham, Holiday Road

   The Wife and I waited 7 years to have kids. It was a way to get to know each other better, spend some time traveling, go to concerts, etc. We then felt the next step was to expand the clan. Since then, we've had some really cool adventures. Yet, as I comb the blogosphere and social networks, there are those that will go on these adventures, sans children. While I know it's "each to his own", and that's why I love America, I need to at least express myself.
   As we're in the thick of our current island adventure, I'm noticing that I don't have a personal agenda. It's become all about the family unit. Where I used to get up and go do what I wanted to do, now it's what we want to do. Moreover, it's whey THEY want to do, because I get so much joy out of seeing then explore and such. There are moments that are not as fun as others. The flight was atrocious and my arms are tired from all the carrying. However, at the end of each day, when the little ones are passed out, it all becomes clear. They are why I'm doing this. I see my parents, and ALL the free time they have, now that they're empty nesters. There's plenty of time for that. Right now is time for our family. I intend to have as much fun as possible.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment