Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Activities For Your Kids


"Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it." - Not Your Average Dictionary

     So I was getting my old bike ready for a quick ride with my 'Lil Man and he asks if he can help. I remember wanted to help my old man with stuff as a kid. I never really got my hands dirty with tinkering. Either dad wasn't interested at the time, or I wasn't when he offered. I've made a little promise to myself, that of all the activities for kids out there, teaching mine to use tools would be one of them.
     There is a cool tool kit for girls at Target here that 'Lil Miss has been begging for.Currently 6 years old, and she wants her own hand tools. Interesting. As for 'Lil Man, he grabs the cordless drill and hits anything he can! I'm trying to encourage it, 'cuz I'm still nervous around anything with more than four parts. The thing is to get them to try stuff, get dirty, learn how things work, etc.

Good luck, and keep the soap handy.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment