Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Loving Big Sister


"Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister." - Alice Walker

   I glanced over the other evening to see 'Lil Miss  with her arm around her little brother. Pride and love welled up inside for the love that she shows him. I think of the rivalry that existed between me and my three brothers (yup,...there were four boys), and the lack of lessons learned without a sister in the family. Our 'Lil Miss has already shown us she has the right stuff to be a great big sister.
   I can't tell if our little chats about sharing, loving, protecting and so forth are sinking in. They may have a small part, but I really feel that it's in her true nature to be that way. Hearing her kindergarten teacher say that she's been looking out for the boy who lovingly torments her daily confirmed it. She looks out for the underdog, thinks a lot of others (as well as herself, let's be real!), and so forth.
   It was just a treat to see. Let's hope it lasts.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment