Thursday, June 6, 2013

Men's Bath Products That Work For You


"Shaving cream? Don't you mean water?" - Overly Manly Man, Reddit.com

   As a young man, I wanted to shave so badly. My friends were doing it, and I was sporting the peach fuzz. I've since regretted that wish. Not that I break out in a rash each time, but it's not the FIRST thing I want to do each day. I've had a goatee for the past 16 or so years, which means my shave regimen is less complicated than other gentlemen. I've lathered up with various products, from Gillette to hand soap. It's typically a chore, that can end in a generally satisfied customer, or a bloody, itchy mess. I've needed to find men's bath products that work for me. 

   Recently, I hooked up with Life of Dad and Johnson & Johnson, who supplied me men's shaving products by AVEENO® and their Active Natural's for Men. Skepticism set in, as I've tried a few competitor's products, with not-so-fun results. My biggest issues have been foam that isn't all that lubricating for the shave, and after-shave lotion that is too fragrant and makes my face feel oily WAY too soon. Thus I began using the product, with no high expectations.

   The AVEENO® Men's Face Wash (MSRP $5.99) is similar to some of the products The Wife has used. It was pleasant to use, had a mildly exfoliated, and didn't leave any kind of slippery residue. It's been said that it's best to exfoliate a bit before shaving, so I was game. My face felt clean afterward and wasn't overly dry throughout the day afterward.

   I moved onto the AVEENO® Men's Shave Gel (MSRP $3.99). What I noticed first was the mild fragrance. It was a pleasant surprise to be hit by some smell I didn't ask for. I understand why, but even when I'm not offended by the smell, I've never been a major cologne guy. This shave gel allows you to add on a cologne after if you wish, and not layer several before you leave the house. The gel lathered somethin' fierce, so a little goes a long way. I began shaving, and NO LIE, it was the smoothest shave I have EVER experienced. The experience of a "close, and smooth" shave was undeniable. The moisturizer certainly helped with keeping my face from drying out later in the day.

   The event was rounded out with the AVEENO® Men's After Shave Lotion (MSRP $5.99). It was nice to get the cooling and smooth affect of an after shave lotion, again, without the overpower smell of the added fragrance. My last after shave lotion made my face feel oily by lunchtime, and I've never enjoyed that. The AVEENO after shave did the job, and didn't feel oily ALL DAY. Nice.

   In all, this is a great product line. I'm planning on continuing the use of it when I run out. I know we'd all like to be so manly that we shave with our Bowie knife,....dry, but it's not to be. So happy shaving! I leave you with a manly man, shaving the way only a manly man can. 

(photo via www.9gag.com)

J. 


The products above were provided as a sample via Life of Dad for review. All opinions are The Cheeky Daddy's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment