Friday, November 8, 2013

The Friday Flush #10

The Friday Flush #10

   Bears, beets, Battlestar Gallactica. I love that intro scene in the office where Jim is dressed up as Dwight, making fun of his idiosyncrasies. I was feeling fun and frisky this week and this line popped into my head. So,.....how to make it a cohesive Flush..............AHA!!! I've got it! I present The Friday Flush #10 where we discuss,....well....bears,...beets,.....and Battlestar Gallactica. 

Herobear and the Kid    I stumbled across Herobear and the Kid back in my artist days. I was immediately blown away. The movement of the drawings felt animated, even though I knew they were static drawings. The story is great, allowing a fun escape for child and adult alike. As an artist, when I first discovered Herobear, I was enamored right from the start. I copied everything I saw and felt like I progressed as an artist for it. I was also so absorbed into the story that it spurred me on to start jotting down some of my own stories that I had in my head from some time. So for several reason of my own, and soon some of your own, Herobear and the Kid is a must read. With the holidays coming up, it's the perfect time, for the perfect story, with the perfect theme. Oh, and if this gets read some other time of the year, it's a good time then too. 

Beets In The Juicer
   I've been wanting a juicer for some time. As age took its toll on my body, I've had a hard time handling stuff like lettuce and such. Also, for a guy who can't seem to get his daily serving of fruits and vegetables, it seemed like the logical step. I seem to really like juice. Sure, I'll enjoy the store bought stuff, but there's something about the fresh stuff. I've had orange juice from Jamba, and a blend from a health juice place in my home town. The stars finally aligned a few weeks back, and we bought ourselves an Omega Vertical Masticating Juicer, and I haven't looked back. I'm planning on a blog post, as I documented the whole experience that included some VERY excited children of ours. The reviews are in,......SO worth the money. We love it and already use it a ton. Apples, oranges, carrots, and beets have been favorites of ours thus far. Check one out if you can.

Battlestar Gallactica
   Me and my brothers grew up on the fruits of the 80's. Buck Rodgers, The Dukes of Hazzard, and of course Battlestar Gallactica. I thought Apollo was a role model and Starbuck was just freakin' cool. I was still young to get a lot of it, but I knew the Cylons were bad. Fast forward to the revamp of the series and make up your own opinion. My brother is not a fan of today's CG heavy movies and programming. When a series had a great plot line, he's in. So it has been with the new Battlestar Gallactica. I watched the first season and part of the second to keep pace and really enjoyed it. Both versions have their merit, for their time and what they were trying to accomplish. If you're into science fiction, you may just enjoy both. I did.

   So there you have it. Another Friday, another flush. We did it too! Bears, beets, and Battlestar Gallactica. I've impressed myself, and that's not easy. An ode to The Office and an episode since past left us with an amazing comic, a new life of juicing, and killer robots from outer space from the 80's and the now. All my best and take care.

J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment