Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Patrick's Day


If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky? ~Stanislaw J. Lec

   Ahh, a day to dye things green. Green rivers, popcorn balls, cookies and cupcakes. All in the name of Saint Patrick. The history isn't all that glamorous, but I'll take a fun tradition any day! Hell, I had forgotten about the tradition of trying to catch a Leprechaun until I visited the Geek Dad blog. When I got home from work today, my daughter filled me in on the havoc wreaked by a visiting mischief maker that made a mad mess. She had been told of their sneakiness, and now had the proof she needed! Oh, it's so much fun!
   So have a good one, wherever you may be, even if you ain't Irish. Have a pint 'o the green stuff, if it suits you. I leave you with a favorite my wife passed onto me from her childhood. Darby O'Gill and the Little People (the fiddle scene}.



J.

No comments:

Post a Comment