Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cheerios Butt


"I'm a Fruit Loop in a world of Cheerios"

   I was reading a series of blog entries from a fellow dad who ended his blogging career in 2009. Still worth a read at Looky Daddy, he was pointing our some little, and funny things that indicate that you are a parent. Sure, I get comments about how blue my kids eyes are. There are few about how much they look like my wife (I guess provided very little in the way of looks). However, it's the things that indicate you're a parent, even when your kids are nowhere to be seen.
   Take last night at the local Panda Express. I was next in line and the server gave me a Golden Treasure Shrimp, recently off the frying pan. As I put the hot lava rock in my mouth, she asks what I want. "MMphhhhhblurbapor..." After I got the real order out, I turned to the lady behind me and mouthed, "That was hot!" She giggled a bit. Then my night was made.

"Do you have a toddler?" she asks.
"Mmmmmm, yeah?" I reply, wondering if she has the force.
"'Cuz you have a Cheerio stuck to your butt.", she said before busting up laughing.

   I turned Golden Treasure Shrimp orange and laughed with her. I knew this day would come. I held onto it for a minute, wondering if I should bronze it as a keepsake. Maybe put it on a chain and wear it around as a badge of honor. I'm a fully functional dad. Cheerios on the butt and all.

J.

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, "Oooooo."
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
- Family Guy

I selected this post to be featured on my blog’s page at Dad Blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment