Monday, September 2, 2013

Diaper Changing - She Likes A Fresh Bowl


"I like a fresh bowl." - John "The Biscuit" Cage

   I've never been the best at diaper changing. The Wife has always taken point on that mission. When she's had a long day or is just in need of a break, I'll take my shift and get the job done. There is, however, the "fresh bowl"experience that I didn't know existed until we had our own kids. This is, in a word, waiting until a #1 was changed,.................before a #2 was delivered. Fresh bowl my people, fresh bowl.

   I remember our first child doing it. That's how it started. We were fans of Ally McBeal, where John "The Biscuit" Cage preferred to visit the restroom with a "fresh bowl", indicating a pre-flushed toilet. This was the essence of what we experienced.

   I found a story over at Musings From Malicious, and she experienced the same thing, so it's nice to know we're not alone on this. As of the morning of this post, The Wife brought our third child down, looking all cute with her bed head. She changed her soggy nappy and she was off to start her morning exploration routine. About 4-5 minutes later, The Wife and I were talking over our cereal and we heard the tell-tale grunting of an infant dropping a load in her fresh drawers.

   "Are you pooping?" The question was met with a strained red face, and blood shot eyes. Two more grunts and she was off to her next project. I don't know what that is, but some kids just prefer to have a clean, "fresh bowl" to take care of secondary business. If your little ones have any quirky traits, I'd LOVE to hear 'em.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment