Friday, August 30, 2013

The Friday Flush - #1

The Friday Flush - #1

   I've come to enjoy people week end wrap ups. They're a treasure trove of new sites, links, videos, and favorites that can be like Christmas every week! In honor of my two oldest, who have trouble flushing, I give you The Friday Flush. I'll be trying to bring the relevant, the fun, the interesting, etc.


Life of Dad
   First up is what I'm most excited right now to shout from the mountain tops. I've just become a contributor to the Life of Dad website. What a great group of fathers, doing the dad thing, and knocking it out of the park. You can read my first post #SuperMilkMan Contest – Joining The Ranks Of The Greats, and see why we do what we do, as well as an awesome #SuperMilkMan contest some of us got to participate in for a chance to meet Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. They've got some great gentlemen contributing to the site, and their podcast is one of the best I've come across.

Be Prepared
Next up is a gem I found while looking around for a bit on be more prepared as a parent. The take a look at www.beprepared.com and get ready to have a giggle fit. The "what your baby will & won't look like" bit made me snort, and that doesn't happen all that often. The book is for sale and I think would make a great gift for any father, new or seasoned. I've read a lot of the "What To Expect" books, and they've been a HUGE help. This one placed tongue firmly in cheek and delivers the laughs around some pretty well known expectations that aren't always talked about out in the open.

Landslide
This last one for the week is a landslide in Malaysia back in '93. When I first saw this was glued. It gets good toward the end of the clip where it looks like the world is coming to an end. From what I heard, this was a mine that got too close to the Indian Ocean. Bad idea. Chaos ensues. My jaw was on the floor, as I'd never seen anything like that before that wasn't CG. Take a look and get ready to run for your life!


   So that's it for The Friday Flush #1. I hope to bring more to the table that might not be worthy of a full blog post, but certainly shouldn't be missed. This is Labor Day weekend '13. Have a safe and fun holiday!

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment