Saturday, August 3, 2013

Adobe Kuler - A Decorator's Best Friend


"I found I could say things with color and shapes 
that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." 
- Georgia O'Keeffe

   The Wife and I are painting our upstairs rooms, art pieces, furniture, and anything else that has a surface for decorating our house. We caught the but some time ago, but have just in the last year, really taken off with it. Back in the day, as an artist, I came across a new web based program by Adobe called Kuler. This program is a decorator's best friend. Here's how it works. 
   When you visit the website, you can create and account to save any color schemes you've created. Or, if you're just looking for help with color on the fly, you can use the program for a short time and be done with it. The color schemes offered are analogous, monochromatic, triad, complimentary, compound, shades, and custom. You pick a color and it gives you the colors that go along with that choice, within your previously chosen color scheme. 
   It has helped with web design (when I tried my hand at it), computer illustration, and as of late is has helped with choosing colors for our decorating. You don't have to be an artist to use it, and The Wife has been quite impressed with how it's helps with her vision of what colors might go together while decorating our home, and even in her Oreo pop creations. 
   Take a peek and try it out. I hope it leaves your life more,....colorful. 

J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment