Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Angels and Airwaves - A Touching Moment

     A day or two ago, I was getting my daughter dressed for a day out with the family. The sun was coming in through her window, and I had her in my arms. We were swaying back and forth to Angels and Airwaves "Call To Arms", who by the way are totally cool. Most times she lets go fairly quickly, but this time, she held on and wasn't letting go. After a little bit, she pulled me closer and I grabbed her closer too. I was already having a "moment" when the lyrics came"

I'd like to say, that you're my only fear
And when I dream, it slowly disappears.
And when I wake, I'm right here by your side...
To feel your heart, beat in and out of time.



     I began to tear up it a bit. I was having a real moment with my little girl. The lyrics hit home because my little girl makes my fears go away. We listen to each others' hearts all the time. I just wanted to share the experience and let you all know that we can all have those moments, if we let them happen.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment