Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Cheeky Daddy Turns 2


"It's hard to think of yourself as a loser at 2 years old." - Jeff Foxworthy
 

   I never thought that a blog could so perfectly be compared to a child. As The Cheeky Daddy turns 2 today, I realize that the blog is so very much like a 2 year old child, it's unreal. Sure, I can walk, but I still trip and stumble. Sure I can talk, but like Shrek said about donkey, "It's getting him to shut up that's the trick!" Luckily, in the blogging world, there's a bit of "it takes a village to raise a child" mentality if you open yourself up to new friendships and constructive criticism.

   Since the birth of The Cheeky Daddy, I've droned on for paragraphs with mindless dribble. I'm still finding my voice in a vast chasm of blogging talent out there. Yet, as I've made new contacts and friendships, it's been an evolving goal to be open to the possibility that I DON'T know everything (despite what I tell my children). So I look for guidance, opportunities for growth, and keep trying to refine so that my little baby can become something of worth to me and those who might enjoy stopping by.

   So as we head into 2014, my goal is to focus on continuing those self improving attributes. I hope to be here in another year, better for the wear. My children will continue to grow and provide stories and learning experiences for sure. I count on it. I hope to make more friends along the way. So happy birthday to The Cheeky Daddy. I hope these terrible twos go by fast.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment