Thursday, December 20, 2012

When The Grinch Visits Your School

 
You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch. You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus, You're as charming as an eel,
Mr. Grinch.
You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel.
(listen/see on YouTube)
 
   As I paid my daughter's school a visit to pick up some items today, there was a buzz in the quad. The kids were happily freaking out about a visitor. I heard the word "Grinch" and wandered over. The above picture is of a local dad, all decked out, just to have some fun. The kids all loved it and there were pics taken by one of the staff.
 
   It made me think of all the things I, or dad's I've known, have done for our kids. In fact, as I think back, I remember things my father did for us, and friend's dads did for them. My dad went a through painstaking process to be dressed up as a werewolf for halloween one year. He spent all day prepping and cooking for a Chinese dinner for a group of us for homecoming my senior year. For two years he led the restoration of a 1928 Model A Ford that finished (and started for the first time) at 4 a.m. the night before my senior ball.
 
   Think about all that's been done for you, and all you've done for your own. When it's done out of love, it's never a chore. More of a labor of love. Isn't that what it's all about?
 
Merry Christmas, Grinches.
 
J. 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, my man. Here's to a good, happy, safe and warm holiday.

    I also wanted to thank you for your visits over at the Gumbo, it means a lot to me. I myself, alas, have been swamped with changes in my life and am not as bloggily gracious as I should be. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete