Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day - 2013

Grandma Scofield
Grandma Swann
Mama Schofield Swann Gillespie 
The Wife (a.k.a. The Cheeky Mama)

"Men are what their mothers made them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

   I can see the truthfulness of that quote. On a day we celebrate our mothers, I'm thankful for those in my life. When a solid father figure might have been missing, there were several motherly influences in my life to remind me of my duty and responsibilities. There was love, encouragement, and all kinds of patience involved in the generations before me. 
   
    Now I am thankful for a wife that has shown all of those same qualities in our own family. I can see that we are going to have wonderful children that are a product of great mothering. There is more patience than I thought could exist in one body, and a metric ton of love for each of our children. I see how hard she works every day and am grateful for her in my life and in the lives of our wee ones. 

   So Happy Mother's Day, to all mothers, mothers to be, and those who take the place where a mother isn't present. We love you for all you do, and want you to know it. 

J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment