Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lunchtime In The Park


"Think left and think right and think low and think high.
Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss

   The park is a place of wonder to me. Always has been. I spent many a year fighting pirates, armies of the bad, my own brothers, and so on. I've driven in fast cars, rolled over the world in a monster truck, and visited far off places in my own time machine. The slides, ladders, poles, ropes, and such of the park were always my own jungle gym, obstacle course, or world beyond wonder. Now it's time to pass it on. 
   I was able to spend today's lunchtime with my 'Lil Man. We headed over just as I finished my morning's work, and he finished a round of Phineas and Ferb. We headed out and spent our lunchtime doing all of paragraph one. Well, most of it. We both made new friends, got some exercise, hydrated, rinsed and repeated. It's been getting to be nice weather locally, so the shade was the best place for The Cheeky Daddy, and my 'Lil Man was ALL over the place. He was trying new things, going to new heights, and getting a little sun on his cheeks. 
   The end of the day showed how it wore on him. He was tuckered out at dinner and didn't go to bed without a fight. It was worth seeing him play, imagine, socialize, and just be a kid. The imagination is limitless with those little people and we need to encourage that. We need to find the time, or make the time when needed. The Wife has told me how hard it is to pull that off with our 6MO, and there's NO doubt it's tough. When we can, though, it pays off big time. See you at the park!

J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment