Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kids Grow Up Fast


     Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.   ~ Proverbs 22:6

     We were putting a few remaining holiday things away today, and my five year old wanted to help. I was on the floor putting things into boxes. I looked up at her and was amazed at how tall she seemed to me. I went through an array of emotions in a short amount of time. "Look how big she is!", "Wasn't it just yesterday that...", and so on. I was having flashbacks and flashforwards like crazy. I'm sure that every daddy there knows what I mean in some way.
     I know I can't press that pause button. The only constant thing in life is change. So I try to stay current on two major things. Pictures/Video and Journal/Diary. My oldest is only five, and I can go to a photo or journal entry from her early days and realize I've forgotten a TON of stuff. Now, the pictures and videos aren't that hard. You just have to do it. About.com has some great ideas for journal keeping here. It's not the "dear diary" stuff you'd think. It can be more easy than you'd ever thought.
     So before they're off to college or get married, think about it, and get on it!

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment