Monday, January 3, 2011

Rainy Day Activities

     So, it's raining in our neck of the woods. One of the first things that my daughter requests for our rainy day activity is our "Gutter Races". They started when she was a little girl and I would carry her in my arms during the races. Nowadays, she can hold her own.
     Granted, it looks a bit like the Redneck Games, chasing odd items down the gutter until they disappear into the abyss of the sewer system. The fact remains, we have fun doing it. I've learned that as fall approaches and you have several colored leaved to choose from, color does matter. Green is the slowest, red is faster, and yellow is the fastest. I think it has something to do with the amount of moisture in each leaf as they begin to die.
    So next time it rains, throw on 'yer jacket, grab the nearest and lightest leaf, and get to racing!

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment