Friday, January 7, 2011

Roots - Everybody's Got 'Em





 

Where you from?

     I was born in San Francisco on the Pacific side. Above, I'm standing in front of the terraced house I spent the first five years of my life in. I have a smattering of memories from that place. All of them vivid, and most of them probably skewed.
     I remember the babysitter playing "Another One Bites The Dust" for the first time. I remember dodging the waves coming up on the beach (same beach pictured). I remember my first kiss with Kami in the shoe closet at my 4th birthday party. I remember digging up the "weeds on either side of the front doorway, only to find out they were pine trees (which I then quickly discarded round the block). I remember my dad coming home late from work or playing volleyball with the church guys. I remember being taught that squirrels have rabies. It's where my younger brother walked in front of my older brother on the swing (ouch!). It's where I fell forward onto the pointy ended comb in my mouth (ouch!).
     All good times. I have SOME pics. I'll share a few here. Enjoy. You got any good first memories?

J.






No comments:

Post a Comment